Our Safety Precautions:
Canada’s NDP and the Toronto Centre NDP support the evidence-based science behind Health Canada approved vaccination and the legitimate threat of COVID-19 to our communities. As such, we’ve developed the following policies to guide our work throughout the election:
- Brian and his campaign team are fully vaccinated. We strongly encourage all of our volunteers to have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine prior to volunteering with us in-person.
- The campaign asks all volunteers to disclose their vaccination status with campaign staff. If you would prefer not to disclose your vaccination status, we are happy to offer you a remote volunteering opportunity.
- All campaign staff and volunteers must download the official COVID-19 Alert app and have it operational while conducting in-person campaign work.
- Gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer will be freely available to all volunteers when assisting us with in-person outreach in the community.
- All in-person volunteer shifts will be either outdoors or in areas with good ventilation.
- We keep diligent contact tracing records, including logging the contact information, shift times, and locations of volunteers and stakeholders.