Our Safety Precautions:
- The NDP in Toronto Centre are not canvassing door-to-door in this by-election. New Democrats have always been strong at door-to-door outreach but we aren’t willing to put our volunteers and communities at risk.
- All of our volunteers are provided gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer as they do literature drops and other less risky outreach around our community.
- Physical distancing will always be observed, even with masks for the utmost risk mitigation.
- While we have the resources and ability to open an office, we do not believe it is safe to open a space, even on a short-term basis that puts people at risk.
- We’re meeting with volunteers in public, open, outdoor places with good ventilation.
- We’re keeping diligent contact records, logging contact information of volunteers and stakeholders, hours and where people were.
- All campaign staff and volunteers must download the official COVID-19 Alert app and have it operational while conducting campaign work.
Download for iPhone Download for Android