Toronto Centre is home to the Church-Wellesley Village, a neighbourhood with historic connections to the LGBTQI2S+ community in Toronto. As a gay man, I am proud that our community is home to so many incredible queer and trans educators, activists, artists, organizers, and advocates. It is crucial that we use our voices and stand up for our rights and our communities.
Join me on Sunday, September 29, as we talk to neighbours about the our New Deal for People, and how we will fight for the community.
The NDP will ensure that LGBTQI2S+ rights are defended and progress is made by:
- Ending the discriminatory blood ban
- Banning conversion therapy nationally
- Ensuring access to lifesaving medication and gender confirming procedures for trans individuals
- Establishing a clear and permanent path for LGBTQI2S+ refugees to resettle in Canada
- Strengthening anti-discrimination policies to end employment discrimination