Our community deserves a Federal representative that is around and does the work in our community that matters. We shouldn't be left wondering what Ottawa has planned for our community, if anything. We deserve representation from someone who lives and works in our community and gives a damn about making sure that life improves here for everyday people.
Our healthcare workers are exhausted and leaving their jobs broken. Our teachers are in tears, sitting in cars, the only safe place to drink water. People who can't work from home are getting infected and infecting others because they have no paid sick leave. The brunt of COVID-19 is being borne by workers. Workers are everyday people. And everyday people have made it clear they are struggling. I believe that our Federal government needs to step up to help you out.
We will not end the overlapping crises of a global pandemic, climate emergency, unaffordable housing, or systemic racism with shiny promises and empty action.
Jagmeet Singh, myself, and the NDP will always put your needs first:
- Fighting for a comprehensive and permanent sick leave program for everyday workers.
- Ensuring income stability during the pandemic and a just recovery, focusing on people not corporations.
- Tackling climate change by ending fossil fuel subsidies, implementing energy-saving building retrofits and a Green New Deal.
- Implementing public, universal pharmacare and dental care because your healthcare should not be tied to your job.
- Putting justice into public policy as we tackle racial discrimination, Indigenous reconciliation, and climate justice.
In Toronto Centre, I'm running to work for you. To make sure you have representation that works as hard as you do.
With love and courage,